- Thirty years’ experience in the work at height industry
- Current Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA International) Chairman
- Past Chairman IRATA International Equipment, Standards and Testing Committee for 15 years.
- Executive member of IRATA International.
- Member of BSI Standards Committee PH5 Personal Fall Protection.
- BSI Principal UK Expert on certain British, European and International standards for Personal fall protection systems and equipment.
- Member of BSI Drafting Sub Group for;
BS 8454 Code of practice for delivery of training and education for work at height and rescue.
BS 7985 Code of practice for the use of rope access methods for industrial purposes.
BS 7883 Code of practice for the design, selection, installation, use and maintenance of anchor devices conforming to
BS EN 795. BS EN 12841 Personal fall protection equipment – Rope access systems – Rope adjustment devices.
ISO 22159 Personal equipment for protection against falls — Descending devices
ISO 22846 Personal equipment for protection against falls — Rope access systems; Fundamentals and code of practice
BSI Project Group Leader – BS 8610 Personal fall protection equipment – Anchor systems specification